Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teething Time


We have had quite the week here at the Adams' house...I think Logan has starting teething, for real this time. He has been super snotty and congested. He has also been running a low grade fever (100.0-100.9). And tonight, we had our first major blowout poo-splosion. He was bouncing in his jumperoo and it got everywhere...all over him, me, the bounceroo, the changing table, and finally, the bath tub. This is the kind of thing that would have made me gag before I became a mother. I felt like I was in a movie...carrying the naked baby by the armpits into the bathroom. It was a mess.

This weekend was also rather eventful. We had a babysitter 2(!!) nights in a row. The benefits of having both sets of grandparents within 5 minutes of us. We are truly blessed. Tyler's parents were actually going to keep Logan for the night Friday night. We went to pick him up and he was sound asleep. 45 minutes later, however, he was screaming. So we had to go back and pick him up around midnight. Good thing my inlaws live across the field. Saturday my mom kept him for a while so we could go to dinner with some friends who also have a new baby. It was great to have some adult time.

On a sad note, we had to say goodbye to Tucker, my Yorkie. I have had him for longer than I have known my husband and he is such a sweet, loving dog. But with the baby, he was just too much for me to handle. I couldn't give him the attention he was used to getting and he started peeing on everything and was ruining our house. Plus, he is a barker so he would wake Logan up pretty frequently. So we had to find him a new home. Thankfully, my Aunt offerent to take him, so I will still get to visit. I think after a week she will be ready to send him home, though...he is pretty high maintenance. We will see how it goes.

Me and my boys when Logan was just a month old

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're keeping a blog, Kayleigh! Now I can keep up with you and your new life as a mother. :) I'm sorry about Tucker, that has to be hard. I'm glad he's with family though. I hope Logan is feeling better and your home is "poo-splosion" free! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie :) Hopefully we can get together soon so you can meet him! He is such a sweet little guy! Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on the cloth diaper blog hop and am now following you. I love think your blog is very cute and you've already done a lot of great stuff with it! We had the same problem with our dog who we rescued when we lived in Italy and had had for 7 years when our daughter was born. We ended up giving her to my brother and sis-in-law so she is still in the family but we do miss her and feel bad about it sometimes- she is a handful too! I am fairly new to CDing and blogging myself. I would love it if you could stop by and take a look and offer any input/advice you may have. http://oneprayingmommy.blogspot.com/
    Thanks so much,
    Miranda
    P.S. having no family nearby I can say you ARE blessed- be sure to thank them often :)

    ReplyDelete