Friday, March 25, 2011

Teething and Vomit and Poo, Oh My!

I was right about the teething. I took Logan to the doctor today because he didn't sleep AT ALL last night. He screamed all night. He was only content when I was rocking him, and as soon as I put him back down he would scream. He was due for his 6 month checkup anyway, so I figured they could check him out while we were there.

The doctor said his gums are really swollen on the bottom, and a little on the top as well. He may get several teeth in at a time. He also has a double ear infection. Thats why he screamed all night. Poor fella.

The nurses at our pediatricians office just love on Logan every time we are there. They are so sweet and we love our doctors. Whenever we have to come in they always load us up with free formula samples. Today they gave us 4 small cans. Thats $40 we are going to save in formula. They are fabulous.

 Even though he has a double ear infection and they had to give him 3 shots, he was so happy the whole time we were at the doctors office, laughing and cooing. He cried for maybe 10 seconds after he got his shots, then it was back to playing.


They took a look at that rash on his back, and it is eczema. She said to just keep putting the Aveeno eczema lotion on it and if it gets really red I can use some over the counter hydrocortisone cream (1%). He is in the 90th percentile for height and 60th percentile for his weight. He is almost 18 pounds now. He is growing up so fast. I never understood why people were sad when their babies grew up, but I sure do now. Where did my tiny baby go?

They put him on Amoxicillin for the ear infections and they said it could be as long as 72 hours before he feels better. Tonight he is pulling at his ears and threw up for the first time all over the couch and he has had 2 more blowout poo diapers since yesterday. It's going to be another long night I'm afraid.. My poor baby...I hope he gets a little sleep.

1 comment: