Friday, February 25, 2011

It was a rough night...

I am so tired....Logan fell asleep at 8 last night which is much earlier than he normally goes to bed, only to wake up at 9 nad refuse to go back to sleep. We let him hang out with us until 10:30 when he FINALLY fell asleep. We went to bed about 12 and he was up again at 1 crying. I let him cry it out for a half an hour (Which seems like an eternity!) and he finally soothed himself back to sleep. I knew he want hungry because he had just ate before he went back to bed at 10:30. He woke up again at around 4 and after 20 minutes of screaming, I got up and fed him a bottle. I tried to only give him a couple of ounces, but he was not hacing it. After I gave him 4 he was fine.

He woke up for the fourth time at 6. It had only been an hour and a half since he had ate, so I let him cry it out again.... 20-25 minutes later he was asleep, only to wake up again at 7:30 for good.
I am not a morning person, so this schedule does not work for me. But at least he naps during the day (a little).

On top of that, this morning when he woke up he was all red around his diaper area. I just stripped his diapers yesterday, but evidently, if they have a lot of ammonia build up, you need to strip them twice. One time just brings all the ammonia to the surface and can cause a rash :( Poor fella. He didn't act like it hurt him too bad, but needless to say. he is in a 'sposie this morning while I am re-stripping his diapers.
I used a new method this time. The BumGenius manufacturers, as well as a lot of people on the web, recommended using plain blue Dawn dish soap and chlorine bleach to strip stubborn microfiber inserts. You need a half a cup of bleach and a teaspoon of blue Dawn (Yes, it has to be the original blue formula) for a high efficiency washing machine. So thats whats happening as I am sitting here writing. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment