Thursday, May 12, 2011

Where does the time go?


Seriously...How can it be that Tyler and I just celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary? And I have a 7 1/2 month old baby? Time really does fly by...even more so after you have a baby.

We celebrated our anniversary at home, eating take out on our new patio furniture (our anniversary gift to each other) and watching a movie.  Tyler even let me pick the movie, "No Strings Attached", a rom-com. It was fabulous. The in laws watched the monkey for us, and even though we had our $300 stroller stolen out of our driveway, it was a great day. I am truly blessed to have married my best friend.

This week was also my very first mothers day! Not only do I have 2 fabulous mothers, but now I get to celebrate this day in a whole new way. You really can't understand the love a mother has for her child until you become one yourself. I have a whole new respect for my mom, now. I love this picture of us from my wedding.



We also had Logan's 6 month pictures taken this week. Yeah, I know he is 7 months old, but like I said, time gets away from you when you become a parent. They turned out so good! Tyler's cousin's wife, Sara, took them. He was so fussy but they turned out fabulous. Here's one of my favorites:


Logan has also been trying to get over a double ear infection. Doc says we will see teeth in the next few weeks. We thought it was just teething, so we put it off for a couple of days. When we finally went in, his ears were terrible. He hadn't slept for 3 days. We were exhausted, but I think he is finally on the mend. The doctor prescribed amoxicillin, the pink bubble gum tasting stuff, and I spilled the entire bottle on the carpet in Logan's room. We now have a huge stain right in the middle of his carpet....

So needless to say, it has been a very eventful couple of weeks.... I am hoping to get back into the swing of things after this weekend. We have Logan's dedication at church on Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment